Mixed Salad with Vanilla-Pear Vinaigrette
and Toasted Walnuts
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 2 (10oz) packages of mediterranean-style salad
- 2/3 cup Vanilla Pear Vinaigrette (to follow)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1. To prepare salad, combine onion and lettuce mix in large bowl.
Add Vanilla-Pear Vinaigrette, and toss well. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Serving Size 2 Cups.
- 1 (15oz) can pear halves in juice, undrained
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash ground red pepper
1. To prepare dressing, drain pears, reserving 1/3 c juice. Combine
pears, juice, vinegar, and remaining ingredients in blender; process
Yields 2 cups (serving size: about 1 1/2 TBS)
Recipes from Cooking Light, December 2005, pg